Last Updated: December 14, 2021
One Wealth Technologies Inc, and its group of companies operating as "OneVest" (“we”, “us” or “our”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
- how we collect, use, disclose and protect the personal information of our customers and website users (“you”).
- The types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the onevest.com website as well as any other media form, media channel, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto (the “Site”);
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing personal information
Privacy laws in Canada generally define "personal information" as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information.
Personal information we collect
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, and any other identifier we may use to contact you ("personal information")
- Technical information, that we automatically collect about your device when you visit the Site including information about your web browser, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device, non-personal details about your Site interactions, including information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.” We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” which track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” which are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How We Collect Information About You
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by signing up for our waitlist, filling in forms or corresponding with us directly.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Site. For example, Device Information is automatically collected when you visit the Site.
We may also use these automated technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
You can opt-out of several third party ad servers' and networks' cookies simultaneously by using the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Tool or an the opt-out tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative. You can also access these websites to learn more about online behavioural advertising and how to stop websites from placing cookies on your device. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns. We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they are used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How we use your personal information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Sites and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, by using your IP address)
- To improve and optimize our Site, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, as permitted by law. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please use the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing your personal information
We share your personal information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site - you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.We also share your personal information with advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others.
We may share your personal information with contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Site improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
We may share your personal information, in accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- To enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of OneVest, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Transferring Your Personal Information
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Site improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of majority in their province/territory of residence and no one under the age of majority may provide any personal information through the Site. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from an individual under the age of majority without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under the age of majority, please contact us at email@example.com
Accessing And Correcting Your Personal Information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
To make such a request, you may contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Withdrawing Your Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at email@example.com. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below: Attention: Privacy Officer, 200-632 Confluence Way SE Calgary AB.
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information listed above.